The following barges cruise in this area:
Where is it?
A couple of hours east of
Paris. Principally the River Marne and the
Canal Latéral à la Marne
. Chalon-en-Champagne, Meaux and Epernay are destinations
in this region.
What are the cruises like?
...gliding gently aboard your floating
hotel through the champagne vineyards
something that everyone should experience at
least once in their lifetime!
How does this area compare with others in Europe?
The River Marne
is one of the most beautiful rivers in France
Why would I want to cruise here?
- Because you’d like to experience a glorious
week of wine-tasting, and, of course, champagne tasting! Private tours of the extensive
cellars of Moet and Chandon
. Explore also the abbey where the monk Dom Perignon is
said to have first made champagne...
- Because you can visit Meaux—the centre of Brie cheese-making
- and sample many varieties
of this famously French favourite.
- Visits to battlefields of the First World War
and exploration of the history of that time is easy
to do from this region.
- Because you love fine food, fine wine, champagne and European history