Why would I want to cruise here?
- Because you want to taste great wines—from the Chateauneuf du Pape
of the Avignon area,
to the Côtes du Rhone
of further north, wine-lovers will enjoy this cruise very much!
- Because you enjoy magnificent scenery which extends all around
at times, allowing the eye
to rest upon far off mountains on more distant horizons
than on the smaller waterways, which
can be more ‘enclosed’.
- Because you want a cruise that will take you on a longer journey
and will cover more of
France than a canal cruise.
- Because some of our most luxurious and magnificent barges cruise this route
, and that’s
How can I travel to this area?
As well as the extensive road network, there are several airports and train stations in this region:
- Lyon St.Exupery Airport - 25km from the city centre
A large airport offering flights all over Europe and North Africa, including many daily shuttle flights to and from Paris
- Nimes - 12km from the city centre
Offers scheduled flights from some European airports
TGV train stations
- Lyon (3 stations, including a dedicated airport station)
- Valence (2 stations)
- Avignon (2 stations)
to go to the Barge Company dedicated 'trains' website to find out more about travelling around
France on the TGV High Speed Rail network