Where is it?
Berlin and the Mecklenberg
Lakes, mid Germany. Trier to Koblenz through the
Moselle Valley and the Neckar Valley.
What are the cruises like?
former capital of Prussia
, Berlin enjoys it historic
status as the capital of modern Germany. Exploring
the grand German waterways
this is a cruise to
thrill and excite, with the truly vibrant atmosphere
that pervades this beautifully scenic country.
How does this area compare with others in Europe?
Among these friendly
people you will soon feel ’at home’. The waterways can be quite wide, so open views and horizons
are often enjoyed. Fine weather and authentic German specialities
(with an international twist!) are all
here to be savoured. La Nouvelle Etoile
(below-right) is one of the most luxurious barges in
—surely reason enough to come!
Why would I want to cruise here?
- Because you want to explore this fine, historic region of Germany.
- Because you are interested in European history, art, architecture and
- Because you love good food
and would like to experience something
slightly different to the usual French influenced cuisine.
- Because you like German beer
and wish to taste a variety of some of the
very best in the world.
- Because you love nature, wildlife, clear, fresh air
and want to escape
from a hectic lifestyle for a while.
- Because you wish to be pampered
on one of our inviting barges cruising
in this area!
How can I travel to this area?
Flying to Germany makes a lot of sense for many of our clients. Here are the main airports of interest in this cruising region:
- Frankfurt International
- 12km from the centre of Frankfurt
Offers scheduled international flights.
- Berlin Airports (Tegel and Schoenfeld)
- Both airports are around 12km from the city centre.
Offer scheduled flights to European destinations plus some North American destinations.
- 5km from the centre of Luxembourg and 5km from the German border
Offers scheduled flights to European and North African destinations