From the time our guests appear in the morning the aroma of freshly ground coffee fills the saloon.
Laid out on the table are pure juices, a wide selection of cereals, a fruit salad made freshly that morning,
breads, yoghurts and preserves.
Anything you may wish for is provided…a cooked breakfast is available (however you like your eggs!) and if
we don't have a favourite item, we will try to get it for the next day.
Lunchtimes tend to take on an extravagant buffet style either eaten around the dining table, or alfresco beneath
the parasol on the sun deck.
The Chef will produce an array of culinary delights which will include salads, quiches and cold meats. A sample
- Gorgonzola and smoked bacon tart.
- Tossed baby spinach and watercress salad with a walnut dressing.
- Roasted tomato, olive and artichoke salad with balsamic syrup.
- Sauterne and raspberry jelly, elderflower cream and tuile biscuits.
In the evening, the table is beautifully laid out and the candles are lit. While our guests enjoy pre-dinner
drinks the aromas of fine cuisine escape from the galley and we know that the Chef has something very special
coming our way. Some examples are...
- Twice-baked goats cheese and hazelnut soufflé, rocket salad and pickled pear dressing.
- Roasted fillet of beef with a wild mushroom crust, fondant potato, glazed shallots and madeira jus.
- Trio of citrus deserts. Caramelised clementine, lime cheesecake and lemon tart.
At every lunch and every dinner the cheeseboard will be offered. Each time there will be a mixture of hard
and soft cheeses, and each time they will be different. Our wines (chosen by the Captain and our Chef) will
complement the dishes and be different at every meal. The cheeses and wines will be exceptional and from
around the world.
EXAMPLES OF WINES SERVED
— Terre des Papes, Nugan Estate Chardonnay, Villa Quinziana Squinzano DOC,
Bujanda Reserva Rioja.