These apply to all barge bookings made through us, and will be complimented by the individual barge’s Terms
and Conditions, where relevant. Copies of these will be made available to you at the time of booking.
1. Except where otherwise specified, we The Barge Cruise Company Ltd trading as The Barge Company act only as an agent in respect of all bookings we take and/or make on your behalf. We do not own any barges or provide any services other than booking your chosen barge. Your contract will be with the owner or supplier of your chosen barge. We accept no liability in relation to any contract you enter into or for the acts or omissions of any of the barge owners or other supplier(s) or other person(s) or party(ies) connected with any barge arrangements. The terms and conditions of the supplier of your confirmed barge arrangements will apply to your booking. These terms and conditions may limit and/or exclude the supplier's liability to you. Copies of these conditions are available on request from us.
2. Payment When you make your booking, the first named person must complete and sign a Booking Form, accepting on behalf of all members of the party the terms of these booking conditions. You must also pay a deposit in accordance with the barge supplier’s terms and conditions. A contract will come into existence between you and the supplier of your barge arrangements when, on their behalf, we confirm your booking in writing by issuing a confirmation invoice (which will confirm specific cruise inclusions). The balance of the cruise must be paid in accordance with the barge supplier’s terms and conditions. Except where otherwise advised or stated in the booking conditions of the supplier concerned, all monies you pay to us or any travel agent for barge arrangements will be held on behalf of the supplier concerned.
3. Insurance You are strongly recommended to take out personal travel insurance for all members of your party against personal accident, injury or illness, loss, damage or theft of personal effects and trip cancellations. The policy must also offer a 24 hour emergency telephone and repatriation service. Some suppliers require that you have such insurance. It is your responsibility to ensure that the insurance you purchase is adequate and appropriate for your particular needs. Please read your policy details on receipt and take them with you on holiday.
4. Cancellations and Amendments by You – You may cancel or amend your booking at anytime provided that you follow the appropriate procedure as set out in the barge supplier’s terms and conditions. Cancellation and amendment results in administration costs and the risk that your holiday may not be resold. If you need to cancel or amend a confirmed booking, cancellation/amendment charges will generally be payable. The amount of such charges varies according to the time your notice of cancellation/amendment is received by the barge supplier concerned before departure. Please check the supplier’s terms and conditions.
5. Changes or Cancellations By Owners – Sometimes changes have to be made and bookings have to be cancelled. Changes can include: changes to your itinerary, cruise dates, embarkation and disembarkation points, a change of region or reduction in the standard of the cruise. We will inform you or your travel agent of any such change when you book, or, if you have already booked, as soon as it is reasonably possible if there is time to do so before departure but we will have no further liability to you.
Important note: the information and prices shown in this brochure may have changed by the time you come to book your arrangements. Although we make every effort to ensure the accuracy of the brochure information and prices at the time of printing, regrettably errors do occasionally occur. You must therefore ensure you check the price and all other details of your chosen arrangements with us or your travel agent at the time of booking.
6. Unless you tell us otherwise, we are entitled to assume that all members of your party are British citizens who hold or will hold full British passports valid for the entire duration of the arrangements you chose to purchase. Information on visa, passport and health requirements, where given and applicable, is so given on this basis. Requirements may change and you are therefore strongly recommended to check the up to date position with the supplier of the arrangements, Passport Office, appropriate embassy or consulate or your doctor as applicable in good time before departure.
7. If you have any complaints concerning any services we provide, you must inform us straight away in writing and in any event within 28 days of the end of the barge arrangements booked through us. We regret we cannot accept any liability if we are not so notified. Our maximum liability to you if we are found to have been at fault in relation to the booking service we provide is limited to the commission we have earned or are due to earn in relation to the booking in question. We do not exclude or limit any liability for death or personal injury which arises as a result of our negligence or that of our employees whilst acting in the course of their employment.
8. This contract is governed by English Law, and all parties shall submit to the jurisdiction of English courts at all times.