Welcome to the friendliest company for booking your barge cruise vacation on our luxurious floating hotel barges. We offer you luxury hotel barge cruising in France,
Italy and even the
Czech Republic…! We have hand picked the best hotel barges cruises in Europe; in total 48 magnificent, carefully chosen barges.
Book your European barge cruise with The Barge Company this season because…
Either Marie or Mark will always take your call or reply to your e-mail (see us below).
- Established in 1997 we know the barges intimately having personally inspected and cruised on the majority of the barges we represent – we eat the food, drink the wine and do the excursions, so that YOU know what to expect on board.
- We are English and have lived and travelled in Europe all of our lives. Since 2004 we have lived in the south of France next to the Canal Lateral a la Garonne and make frequent barge visits to ensure our info is always up to date.
- BARGING IS OUR LIFE! Unlike some overseas agents we don’t cram in one or two ‘whistle-stop tours’ each year to visit the barges – we always take our time on board, never rushing, so we can really savour the ambiance on each and every barge we visit.
- We’re a small efficient team of just two, so ‘the personal touch’ is our well-known trademark. For all your barging requirements we offer you the efficient, personal service that you simply will not find anywhere else!
- We enjoy naturally superb relationships with barge owners, operators and their crews so that we can advise knowledgeably on every aspect of your barge cruise.
- We are totally independent, do not have shares in any of the barges, nor do barge-owners give us money to say nice things about them! Our advice is honest and based on the facts.
- We’re not only ‘barge-savvy’ but we also have first hand experience of the hotels, tourist attractions and other aspects of life here in Europe (especially France and England) that we know our clients may want our help with.
- We speak fluent French and English…(plus Spanish, Italian, Portuguese…even some German, Greek and Japanese too!) so welcome clients from all over the world.
- Open 7 days a week, we believe in rapid replies to our enquirers’ e-mails, so you’ll never be left waiting for that e-mail response or return phone call.
- Even after your barge is secured for you we’re with you every step of the way for any help and advice that you may need from what to pack to local hotels and transport options for pre or post cruise.
Since 1997 we’ve been sharing our barging knowledge with delighted clients and making many people’s barging
dreams come true. Whether you’re a couple looking for a peaceful vacation, honeymooners, a large family planning a celebratory barge cruise, or a regular family looking for a fun way to spend a vacation that the kids will never forget, contact us and start planning your dream cruise now!
SO, WHERE CAN YOU CRUISE..? - In all the countries listed at the top of this page.
But, the majority of hotel-barges cruise in
France— choose from
Provence and the
Canal du Midi.
ABOUT THE CRUISES...Most barge cruises are 6 nights/7 days long, and are all-inclusive.
On the first day you are picked up at an agreed local meeting point and then transferred to the barge. This is usually in the barge’s luxury air-conditioned minibus which is exclusively for your group and which follows you as you cruise your itinerary. Each day you will usually cruise for half a day, and for the other half, take a side trip away from the barge on an excursion with your personal barge guide. Entrance fees to places visited are included in the cruise price (on most barges), as are delicious and varied buffet breakfasts, gourmet lunches and dinners, with wines included. Open bar (unlimited alcoholic and non-alcoholic beverages) is also included in the price (except on a couple of barges, where indicated), as is the use of any on board facilities such as spa pool, bicycles, gym equipment, etc. At the end of the cruise you are transferred back to the arranged drop-off point for your onward travel.
Excluded from the cruise price is travel to/from the barge meeting/drop-off point, airfares, personal insurance and expenditure, and crew gratuities (suggested 3—5% p.p.)
ABOUT THE PRICES...Cruise prices vary between about US$1,800 and up to US$5,000 per person based on two passengers sharing a double or twin cabin. If that sounds like too much for you, there are also
half board hotel-barge cruises and
Bed and Breakfast (B+B) cruises that are priced much lower that this.
Call us now and find out why we’re the best for hotel-barging in Europe.
Mark and Marie Gallé
The Barge Company
P.S.— To review more detailed information about the cruises go to our FAQs (Frequently Asked Questions) page.
To keep up-to-date with the information on our website why not use our News Feed? Either click on this link to see the latest changes to our website, or copy the address of the News Feed to your own newsreader to automatically see what is new on the website. Every time we have a new article, new pictures or new barge information we'll update the News-Feed! To find out more about what is a News Feed click here.
To start researching the barges please click here to view all our barges. You will find the capability to search for barges that suit your budget, chosen capacity or cruising area. All these pages can be accessed from the menus at the top of this page.
And remember to keep revisiting our ‘Specials’ page for all the latest information on new cruising ideas and cut price special offers!!
We happily work with travel agents, and invite them to review our special Travel Agents’ pages before contacting us.